MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Aug 23 21:28:11 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:

> The requirement is clear that a lack of
> right to remove that permissive bit is not an obstacle

What I think is an obstacle is the rule against applying another license
to a source code derivative work of MS-PL code.

 as immediately after
> your excerpt is:
>
> " (Additional permissions may be written to require their own removal in
> certain cases when you modify the work.)

This says a requirement /*to*/ remove the permission is not an obstacle.
 It doesn't say a requirement /*not to*/ remove the permission is not an
obstacle.

Matt Flaschen