For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Nils Labugt elabu at online.no
Wed Aug 22 11:04:14 UTC 2007

tir, 21.08.2007 kl. 17.56 -0700, skrev Michael R. Bernstein:
> This ignores the role of the word 'only'. This means that MS-PL is
> incompatible with every other license, even the BSD license.

If both

a) BSDL requires that that its license text be included verbatim, and
that even a license text containing similar terms would be an
insufficient substitute,

and

b) including the BSDL text along with the MS-PL text would cause the
license (terms) the work is licensed under to differ from the MS-PL,

is true, then the MS-PL would seem to be incompatible with the BSDL. My
guess would be that a) is true, but I doubt b).

Nils Labugt