For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:43:56 UTC 2007

> My only question is why Chris Dibona seems to think that an
> organization whom many consider an "enemy" should be singled out for
> special treatment.  I don't believe that they should.

An I'm okay with us disagreeing, I promise :-) I think they should be
asked to at the very least segregate the licenses and make abundantly
clear which are 'open source' and which are not.  Bill seems okay with
that, and that's a nice thing. No one else was asking so I took it
upon myself to do it.

Also and again I'm happy to chat about RMS in another thread but this
is about Microsoft and not the FSF and If you are looking for real
evidence of Microsoft's change of heart towards open source and open
standards, I'd ask Peter Quinn what he thinks about that.

Chris