Question about the GPL v3

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Aug 17 06:54:40 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:
> So, the general concensus here seems to be that if one has an

I don't see a consensus.  I only see you. A consensus requires the
same, normally compromise, position to be taken bay everyone.

> interactive but limited user interface not suited for displaying legal
> notices, then one cannot use GPL v3 code.

Your MP3 example is poor, because one would only expect the notice
at power on and branding, copyright notices and elaborate splash
screens are already common on powerup.

This, however is not a good place for questions about the GPL as its
drafters have no commitment to monitor here.

--
David Woolley