Question about the GPL v3

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 17 00:40:55 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:
> So, the general concensus here seems to be that if one has an
> interactive but limited user interface not suited for displaying legal
> notices, then one cannot use GPL v3 code.

If it's actually impossible to display the legal notices, then I would
say it's not really an interactive interface.  If it's only
inconvenient, that's okay because the notice need only be displayed when
the user selects the option for this ("If the interface presents a list
of user commands or options, such as a menu, a prominent item in the
list meets this criterion.")

Matt Flaschen