conducting a sane and efficient GPLv3, LGPLv3 Review

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Aug 3 19:06:53 UTC 2007

> But even if the FSF is relying on state contract law, I don't see how
> they're using it to preempt federal copyright law.  They're simply
> forming contracts that take advantage of their existing rights under
> copyright law, not giving themselves new rights.

This is a side-show on this list. I agree with those who are trying to stop
it.

The issue of federal preemption under U.S. copyright law is far too complex
to be discussed with any understanding in this forum. I suggest you leave it
and similar topics to other lists.

At the very least, if you're seriously interested in such topics, please do
a thorough Google or Yahoo! search first to find out what the law really
says before you make statements like that.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243
Skype: LawrenceRosen
Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and
                Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)