what *is* the approval process?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Aug 3 15:17:35 UTC 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav writes:
 > You answered in <18016.24333.862925.706713 at desk.crynwr.com> later the
 > same day:
 >
 > > Hrm!  This is very not good.  I've been pointing people to
 > > certification_mark.html for years now, and yet it appears as if
 > > certification_mark.php is newer ... and that's what's on the new
 > > website.  But that's our proble, not yours.
 >
 > So please don't pretend you weren't aware of this.

I confess to not being perfect, and making mistakes.  I also apologize
for them in general, and this one specifically.

 > Secondly, I specifically asked you what was missing from my application
 > other than that I had sent it to the wrong address.  Your answer was:

It's crucial to my reporting mechanism that you use the "For
Approval:" prefix on your email's subject.  There's far too much
chatter on license-discuss for me to be able to pick out discussion of
a license unless it occurs under a structured subject.

 > Fourthly, license-approval bounces, so there is nowhere else to submit
 > licenses to than license-discuss.

It bounces when you send it email which isn't an approval request.  I
installed that filter because of the incredibly HUGE amount of
unwanted email that an address published on the Internet for nearly
ten years receives.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | People have strong opinions
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | about economics even though