Copied Offers

Arnoud Engelfriet arnoud at engelfriet.net
Wed Sep 27 14:13:27 UTC 2006

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> >The offer is valid for anyone who has a copy of it. Usually
> >that's the people who have the binary. How can I even know
> >of the existence of the offer, much less take someone up
> >on it, of I don't have the software in question?
>
> Easily.  You could have a copy of the documentation, which might be
> gratis.  Or someone could print you the offer from the help system, if
> that's how it is provided.

Sure. Like I said, the offer is valid for anyone who has a copy of it.
But someone who wants to trade it in, needs to know it exists.

I can't just go to a company and say "you probably put out some
GPL software with an offer for source, please give me the source".

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself