Restriction on distribution by Novell?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Sep 26 23:14:56 UTC 2006

Wilson, Andrew scripsit:

> No, please quote me correctly.  My position (same as McCoy's) is
> that only recipients with a written offer have standing to request
> sources from a distributor under the Ts and Cs of that offer.
> And how do you get a written offer?  You get it in
> the box with the binaries.  In other words, you are a direct
> distributee.

Perhaps part of the problem here is what a "written offer" is.  I take
it to mean an offer that has been reduced to writing (not merely oral)
but is not necessarily communicated on paper: thus an email written
offer is as good as a hard-copy one.

If so, then a copy of an electronic written offer can't be
reasonably distinguished from the original.

--
Unless it was by accident that I had            John Cowan
offended someone, I never apologized.           cowan at ccil.org
        --Quentin Crisp                         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan