Redefining GPL?

Danese Cooper danese at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 06:00:03 UTC 2006

Michael,

As the GPL is written and maintained by the Free Software Foundation
(www.gnu.org), you will get quickest results by taking your concerns
to them.  They have a full-time staff that works with GPL violators.
Be advised however that the current draft of GPLv3, which has been
through several drafts this year and is expected to be final sometime
next year, includes an additional trigger to close the loophole that
"performance" of code on a webserver might not be considered
distribution.  In other words, RMS might agree with them that this at
least is a reasonable modification.

Danese