FOR APPROVAL: WhizbangApplicationCompany Public License 1.0

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Nov 18 06:33:45 UTC 2006

Nicholas Goodman writes:
 > You understand correctly.  I do not plan to use this license.  I am
 > submitting a "template" of a license in use by several companies.
 >
 > It's strange, I know.  Does that preclude me from submitting a license
 > if I don't intend on using it?

What is the point behind approving such a license if nobody is
planning to use it?

If you want to submit a license for use value, that would be fine.  We
have in the past discouraged third-party submissions because we have
found it VERY useful to work with the author of the license while it's
still in draft form.  The most that can be done with a third-party
submission is yea/nay, and that's emotionally unsatisfying.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | You can do any damn thing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | you want, as long as you