[Fwd: [gnu.org #285277] Open Source Initiative Certification for GPL 3.0]

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon May 1 15:16:41 UTC 2006

Matthew Garrett writes:
 > a) the fact that license-proliferation archive suggests that there's
 > been no activity since last September, and

I'm a little frustrated by that, too.  The discussions were always
intended to be among a small group, to prevent lobbying on behalf of
one license or another.  I thought it would happn on
license-proliferation, which is how and why I set it up.  Instead, the
committee has used a CC list.  Once the committee's results are
accepted by the OSI board (which should happen soon ... very soon),
they will be published, and THEN the fighting will begin.  Did I say
"fighting"?  I meant "discussion".

 > b) nobody seems interested in discussing where boundaries should be
 > drawn when it comes to patent-related license termination

If nobody is interested in it, why bother talking about it?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: