OSL 3.0: informing licensees of their rights

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Mar 1 05:45:58 UTC 2006

You may not know. But ask.

/Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjoy Mahajan [mailto:sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:43 PM
To: lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Cc: license-discuss at opensource.org
Subject: Re: OSL 3.0: informing licensees of their rights

> If you ask for source code from an OSL 3.0 licensor and he refuses,
> you have a cause of action for breach of contract.

You might not know that your licensor is using the OSL 3.0 since they
don't have to state that in the work (e.g. executable or PDF file),
only in its source.  Or am I misreading the license requirements?

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.