Policy for attribution

Matthew Seth Flaschen superm40 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 12 08:07:32 UTC 2006

Philippe Verdy wrote:
> From: "Matthew Seth Flaschen" <superm40 at comcast.net>
>
>>Philippe Verdy wrote:

> I have absolutely no idea what "moral rights" means in terms of French law

I wasn't referring to French law specifically, though I have some slight
knowledge of their laws in this area.  From my understanding, their
closest equivalent to copyright is droit d'auteur.  Part of this is
droits moraux (moral rights) which can not be sold or transferred.  This
guarantees an author permanent attribution for their work
(http://www.cisac.org/web%5CContent.nsf/Builder?ReadForm&Page=Article&Lang=EN&Alias=MAN-AR-02).
, among other things.  I believe clear copyright should satisfy this,
but again I am not a lawyer.

-Matthew Flaschen