Please, I need this clarification

Dismer Ronda Betancourt dismer.ronda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:57:55 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have an application that is not GPL and i want to use OpenVPN (GPL) with
it. I will not use the source code, just calling OpenVPN command line
program to stablish a virtual connection to an OpenVPN server to guarantee
privacy in data transmission. May I distribute OpenVPN binaries along with
my application? I´m not charging my client for the use of OpenVPN at all, in
fact i´m trying to help him saving money through the use of a free VPN
solution. Does it violates VPN License? I have read GPL and I´m confused. My
program is not derived from OpenVPN nor modify it, my program just configure
OpenVPN and run it to simplify the users opperation.

I´ll greatly appreciate your help to clarify this.

Greetings,

Dismer Ronda