Question Regarding GPL

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jan 20 04:57:03 UTC 2006

Singh, Akshay writes:
 > > I have a question regarding GPL licensing for Loadable Kernel Module.

If you search carefully, you will find a statement from Linus
concerning loadable kernel modules and the GPL.  He says that modules
which merely load into the kernel are not infringing.  If you create a
collective work incorporating both your code and kernel code, the only
way you can legally distribute it is with full source.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: