Jbilling: Possible unauthorised use of OSI Certified service mark

Ross Mayfield ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
Sat Dec 30 05:33:16 UTC 2006

You have done a service by pointing out this alleged breach of the OSI
Certified trademark by this corporation.

However, ONLY ONE company that employs a provision similar to the
Generic Attribution Provision has breached this trust.  I believe you
have provided another reason for the GAP to be minded by OSI.

It is inaccurate to say that NOT ONE company has applies for OSI
approval, that is precisely what Socialtext has.  And we clarified
this blog post to say more than we were MPL with an addendum, and have
had the license available our open source wiki since inception.

Deplorable is a strong word in the context of a community, especially
a welcoming one.

Ross

Ross Mayfield
CEO
Socialtext, Inc.
ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
aim:rossdmayfield
skype:rossmayfield
t. +1-650-323-0800
f. +1-650-323-0801
company: http://www.socialtext.com
weblog: http://ross.typepad.com
many-to-many: http://www.corante.com/many
this email is: [ ] bloggable [ x ] ask first [ ] private