[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 23:17:30 UTC 2006

> Strictly interpreted, that would mean someone has to use the copyright
> notice from the latest version of Terracotta, rather than the version of
> Terracotta used in the derivative.

Which would be an illegal requirement to misrepresent the copyright and
presumably void.  (I'm not sure whether one is allowed to replace
the assigner of copyright by the assignee, but I'm sure you cannot
modify the date of first publication and you cannot delete the copyright
claims of other contributors.)

IANAL, TINLA