selling GPL sources

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 20 03:42:02 UTC 2005

Quoting Ian Lance Taylor (ian at airs.com):

> I agree that if the distributor is the sole author of the code that it
> is meaningless to speak of infringement.  The original posting does
> not indicate one way or another.

In replying, I was going by Guilherme's phrase "the author" (of "a
program that uses the GPL license").  Absent indication to the contrary,
one would normally assume that to be a singular-case noun.

--
Cheers,             "< > Kernel support for JAVA binaries (obsolete) (NEW)"
Rick Moen                            -- Linux kernel v2.2.19 configuration
rick at linuxmafia.com