Status of ACE License Submission

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Sep 15 13:53:03 UTC 2005

Ken Sedgwick writes:
 > The relicensing question (and other issues) were raised to the ACE folks
 > in May, and the amended ACE License was the result.  I'm unclear at this
 > time whether the result has met the requirements or not.
 >
 > What course of action do you recommend?

Relicensing under the New BSD License.  I cannot see anything one
could do under the BSD license that one could not do under the DOC
license.  No one who contributed to the DOC project would be surprised
by any actions taken by a BSD licensee.  There is case law which
allows a change of license if there are no changes in permission.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | with some experience
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     you know what to do.