Policy Questions (WAS: License Committee Report)

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 19:31:11 UTC 2005

Eric,

--On 09 September 2005 14:27 -0400 "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com>
wrote:

> My own preference in this situation would be for the license-discuss
> members who believe the criteria are broken

Could you post (here, and if possible arrange for them to be posted to the
web site) the text of the three criteria as passed by the board? I /think/
we only have the original ones Russ posted for review, which was presumably
prior to approval by the board. Without them, it's a bit difficult to see
whether or not they are broken. Equally the message "OSI evalutates
licenses by unknown criteria" is hardly a good one for anyone involved.

Alex