For Approval: CeCILL (providing source)

Francois Letellier francois.letellier at objectweb.org
Fri Sep 9 14:57:02 UTC 2005

Dear all,

To my knowledge, the English translation of this license is here:
http://www.cecill.info/licences/Licence_CeCILL_V2-en.html, and is
considered to have the same legal value as the original French text.

But I could not find a clear status of whether CECILL is OSI-approved or
not, and why.

Thanks

At 01:47 28/06/2005, Wilson, Andrew wrote:

>Stéphane Dalmas wrote:
>
> > The obligation is not for the
> > user to still be able to get the source code in 70 years. If at one
> point you
> > offer to your customer the possibility to get a CD with the source code
> > or a way to access it on a Web site, you have fulfilled your obligation.
>
>This is perfectly reasonable.  However, it is not what the draft version
>of CeCILL you circulated actually says.  Perhaps you can clarify how the
>source code obligation can be satisfied in a future draft?
>
>Andy Wilson
>Intel Open Source Technology Center

François LETELLIER
INRIA Rhône-Alpes - ObjectWeb Consortium Executive Committee
email: francois.letellier at objectweb.org - cell: +33 (0)6 84 64 00 24 -
Skype: francois.letellier
blog: http://os3g.blogspot.com/  ObjectWeb: http://www.objectweb.org