License Proliferation

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Mon Sep 5 11:52:22 UTC 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 6:39 AM, Russell Nelson wrote:

> Matthew Seth Flaschen writes:
>> Russell Nelson wrote:
>>
>>> None of which contradicts my point that the GPL splits the free
>>> software community into users of licenses compatible with the GPL,
>>> and
>>> users of licenses incompatible with the GPL.
>>>
>> So does every other license, a fact that you oddly failed to mention.
>
> It *is* odd that I didn't mention it.

What are you both saying here?  I can't interpret the last two
sentences in
any way that evaluates to true. Is that a guru meditation error on my
part?

You mean if there wouldn't be any other licenses other than the GPL then
the software community would not be split? That would be a very
Orwellian
point of view indeed.

Chris