License Proliferation

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen atwork at infimum.dk
Mon Sep 5 07:34:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:59:34 +0200, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>
wrote:

> I don't think anyone would argue against the idea that anythingthat
> impairs code reuse between projects is a bad thing.

I don't think everybody thinks impairing reuse between projects is bad.

In fact, I would guess that the FSF intends their licenses to do just that,
as long as the other project is not free software. Their goal is not to
support open source in general, but only free software. If it is at the
expense of other software, then that's great too - it's one more incentive
to change to free software.

(I'm not associated with the FSF or anything else, so if I'm
misrepresenting
their position, I apologize ... but that's the impression they're giving
me :)
/L
Lasse R. Nielsen - atwork at infimum.dk
  'Faith without judgement merely degrades the spirit divine'