For Approval: MindTree Public License

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 15 21:07:52 UTC 2005

Quoting Ben Tilly (btilly at gmail.com):

> Can you actually DO that in a copyright license?

You can demand it.  You cannot achieve it.

> So while I strongly DISLIKE this license, and think that it SHOULD NOT
> satisfy the OSD, I'm having some trouble proving to myself that it
> doesn't.  (Hence my hope that someone will say that the IP assignment
> provisions are legally unworkable.)

OK.  Pardon the US-centrism, but, in accordance with 7 USC, section 201
(d) (2), 204 (a), any transfer of exclusive rights in a copyrighted work
must be in writing and signed by the owner of the rights.

--
Cheers,               Chip Salzenberg: "Usenet is not a right."
Rick Moen            Edward Vielmetti: "Usenet is a right, a left, a jab,