Opt-Out OVPL?

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 19:51:21 UTC 2005

--On 13 November 2005 22:55 -0800 "Wilson, Andrew"
<andrew.wilson at intel.com> wrote:

> Net, this would make OVPL a slightly updated CDDL, with a built-in,
> optional, contributor's agreement.  Novel, and a potentially
> useful addition to the world of open source licensing, I would think.

If you are going to require a specific contributor action (opt-in or
otherwise) you might as well require a contributor agreement. This means
you have more freedom as to choice of law etc. (there is good reason
why a contributor agreement /should/ be jurisdiction specific).

Alex