OVPL - time for the client to speak directly?

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Wed Nov 16 18:16:35 UTC 2005

All, just an observation that this list has probably seen
more traffic about OVPL than any other license (or any two, three,
or four licenses) ever submitted, yet none of the traffic
so far has been directly with the principals who are driving
the license.  My understanding is that Alex Bligh is representing
OVPL on behalf of an unnamed client.

While Alex has done an
absolute yeoman job of advocating OVPL to the list, given
the board's rejection, I'd suggest that it is now time
-- if the client is still interested in OSI approval --
to stop dealing through intermediaries, and for
that unnamed client to step up and directly explain
just why they need OVPL to accomplish what they want.
They need to be very specific and very convincing about
why opt-out, opt-in, or just plain CDDL with a contributor's
agreement won't do the job for them.

Make sense?  If so, then Mr./Ms. Unnamed OVPL Client: please
stand and deliver.

Andy Wilson
Intel Open Source Technology Center