Assistance/advice in choosing a license for POV-Ray 4.0

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. roddixon at cyberspaces.org
Mon Nov 14 15:59:00 UTC 2005

You are probably thinking of the Mai Systems case wherein the 9th Circuit
held that loading copyright-protected software into RAM creates a copy of
the program and, thereby, implicates the rights of the copyright holder.
This case is not helpful to you because we are passed this point in your
hypo and ASSUME that the rights of the copyright holder are
probablyimplicated, but the issue is - - to what end? i.e. Is there a
creation of a derivative work that violates the license (that you have
drafted).

- Rod
Rod Dixon
www.cyberspaces.org