Help Request for Academic Research

Jon Oakes jon_oakes at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 19:14:14 UTC 2005

Hello,

My name is Jon Oakes and I am conducting research on how business managers should formulate strategies around F/OSS. I am currently in my second year at Harvard Business School and the project is overseen by the Strategy department.

My goal is to generate a very pragmatic guide for non-technical managers to use in their assessment of the risk/reward of using and contributing to the F/OSS community. I hope to develop the research into a paper that can be published sometime next year or possibly into a case study.

I am hoping to find a few "experts" that I can interview for 15 to 30 minutes (more if you can spare it!) to get some perspective and ask some technical questions. I am looking for legal, technical and strategic perspectives.

Please respond to my Yahoo! mail address or to my school email which is joakes at mba2006.hbs.edu.

Thanks,

Jon