Educational Community License question

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Nov 1 15:41:14 UTC 2005

Jules writes:
 > Would the Open Source Initiative consider any such insertion or
 > notices/T&Cs to constitute a valid Educational Community License
 > version 1.0?

Yes and no.  You're not modifying the ECL.  The ECL requires that you
disclose all licenses under which you must comply, but you're not
changing the ECL when you do that.

Any such "pre-existing intellectual property disclaimers, notices, or
terms and conditions" may or may not comply with the Open Source
Definition.  If you have to comply with multiple licenses, you can
only use the Open Source mark if all the licenses are approved by OSI.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | There ought to be a law