restricting the use of open source software

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Mar 28 17:12:22 UTC 2005

Steve Quinn writes:

 > This brings up a question in my mind... I believe the government
 > puts certain restrictions on the use and distribution of software
 > and other US based products.

Sure.  We can't require you to violate the law, but we can require you
to not include your country's laws in your license.  And we do.  The
biggest difference between the Intel license and the BSD license is
that the Intel license cautions you to obey export law.  Well duh!  Of
course you are always well advised to obey the laws of your country.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can