Of un-patents and un-inventions

David Webber (XML) david at drrw.info
Mon Mar 14 12:41:34 UTC 2005

Gregory,

It's not that patent are hard to get - that's the whole point!

They are too easy - and when someone get's one - its comes
free with the legal equivalent of a tactical nuclear missile.

Imagine if the government was actually giving out tactical
nuclear missiles to any American who could pay a $500 fee
and complete some paperwork on why they need one,
subject to a 16 hour review processing and issuing time limit
(the time the USPTO allocates to processing a patent).

The whole point is to stop the USPTO being able to issue
patents in a whole range of areas - creating a nuclear-free
zone as it were.

DW