Question regarding a new local license approach

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Mar 9 16:12:28 UTC 2005

Walter van Holst scripsit:

> Just to clarify things a bit. There is no such thing as "European
> contract law" except as a figment of Eurocrat imagination.

All the more so that England is part of the U.K., which is part of the
E.U., but English law is emphatically not civil law.  (There was an
attempt to change this in 1236 in favor of _legitimatio per subsequens
matrimonium_, the civil rule, but the barons replied _Nolumus leges
Angliae mutare_, and that was that.)

--
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.