Three new proposed OSD terms

Steve Quinn SteveQ at exegesys.com
Wed Mar 2 23:03:17 UTC 2005

Wouldn't it be easier to structure all public licenses similar to the Mozilla Public License 1.1 that includes an Exhibit A for company specific information.  This Exhibit could include the company copyright statement, legal jurisdiction verbiage, and possibly other company specific information.  The Exhibit should not be allowed to used to add complexity or substantive terms, but be limited only to those items that are necessary to make the license their own.

In this way, the number of approved licenses could probably be greatly reduced and making it so that a new license being submitted must truly be different in its substance.