Three new proposed OSD terms

Ernest Prabhakar prabhaka at apple.com
Wed Mar 2 16:37:39 UTC 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Joel West wrote:
> This seems like an administrative detail, not a principle of the open
> source movement.

I think Joel makes a good point.   These seem like reasonable
restrictions on Certification, but philisophically quite different than
other aspects of the OSD.

I'd prefer to redefine OSI Certification to add these constraints,
rather than burden the OSD per se with them.  As it is now, the OSD is
(IMHO) a wonderful statement of "general community standards", rather
than a pragmatic statement  of that the OSI wants to handle.  I'd hate
to lose that.

-- Ernie P.