For Approval: Open Vendor Public License (OVPL) and Open Vendor Lesser Public License (OVLPL)

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Thu Jun 30 08:12:09 UTC 2005

I've been looking around for how this was solved before.

I remember reading a license which has a specific carve-out where the
licensed product is a compiler, to ensure that object code produced
by the compiler wasn't subject to the terms of the license, even though
(because of the way compilers work) it technically included bits of
the compiler's object code (i.e. small chunks of instructions).

I'm pretty sure it was in an OSI approved license, but I can't find
the thing.

Any ideas?

Alex

--On 05 June 2005 20:06 -0400 Matthew Seth Flaschen <superm40 at comcast.net>