OVPL and open ownership

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Tue Jul 26 23:48:23 UTC 2005

David Barrett wrote:

> It seems difficult to support
> the argument that dual licensing is ok, and to acknowledge that the
end
> result of the OVPL is equivalent to collecting contributor agreements,

No, OVPL is equivalent to coercing a contributor agreement from
everyone.
I believe you and Alex have acknowledged this, thus the discussion about
opt-out versus opt-in for sec. 3.3.

Guys, this thread is getting stuck in a rut.  Unless you have
something truly new to say, perhaps you should just give it a
rest, or should start a new list for OVPL-specific questions.
I'm sure the OSI board (if *they* haven't unsubscribed ;-)
has formed an opinion by now and will share it presently.

Andy Wilson
Intel Open Technology Center