OVPL and open ownership

David Ryan david at livemedia.com.au
Tue Jul 26 01:39:51 UTC 2005

David Barrett wrote:

> David Ryan wrote:
>
>> I understand the proposal, however, we've already put a lot of work
>> (both time and money) into drafting the current OVPL.  I think the
>> QPL already has precedance showing that this license does not go
>> against the principles of the OSI.  I would like to get feedback from
>> the official board before making changes to the OVPL.
>

> Ok, I agree with you 100% here.  Do you know when this might happen?
>
> -david

This web page describes the process.
http://opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.php  (Which I realise you
also posted not so long ago. :)

I'm hoping that the members of the board will let us know if they
believe there is any problems with the OVPL and OVLPL that we might be
able to remedy before they next meet.  I'm yet to see many comments from
the OSI board regarding the OVPL
(http://opensource.org/docs/board.php).  Step 6. of the process suggests
that "if we see a problem, we will work with you to resolve any problems
uncovered in public comment."  I can only assume that they see no
problems with the OVPL and will likely approve the license when they
next meet.

Regards,
David.