OVPL and open ownership

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Sat Jul 23 15:59:20 UTC 2005

--On 23 July 2005 01:37 -0700 David Barrett <dbarrett at quinthar.com> wrote:

> The OVPL spreads the burden of enforcement over a larger group by
> empowering many people (either anyone who received the distribution, or
> anyone in the world -- I can't recall; which is it?) to demand accesss to
> non-ID modifications, not just me.

In the OVPL as currently drafted
a) those to whom executable code is distributed under any license
   can require the source code to be made available to them under the
   terms of the OVPL (like the CDDL, MPL)
b) the ID can require those who distribute modifications, but do not make
   them generally available, to make them available to the ID, provided
   the ID in turn makes them generally available (i.e. the ID acts as
   a sort of "agent of disclosure").

Alex