Are implicit dual-licensing agreements inherently anti-open?

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Jul 22 18:46:18 UTC 2005

> Severity: Reciprocal licenses (which on the face of it the OVPL is)
> exist largely in order to avoid this scenario. So, I would assume that
> Probability: Likely low for any particular project, but near certainty
> overall if the license is at all widely adopted, and plenty of IDs *are*
Note, as per my earlier post, the REAL solution here is to make sure
that it's not in the ID's interest to play badly. Someone (and if
it was you, sorry) pointed out that contributors can make code hard
to merge. They can also cease contributing. They can also fork. All
these things and more will happen if an ID doesn't play ball.

You have much the same problem with a project that demands assignments
external to the license to the maintainer.

Alex