OVPL - wrap-up of objections

Anderson, Kelly KAnderson at dentrix.com
Fri Jul 22 01:04:54 UTC 2005

I'm just curious...

Suppose that you have two separate OVPL projects that have been lovingly
cared for by their respective developers for years, and they decide to
merge.

Who gets to be the Initial Developer after the merger of the code bases?

How do people using the license find out who the new Initial Developer
is for the project that got merged away?

The most interesting questions are how this license would interact with
other Open Source licenses... I suppose one couldn't grab GPL code and
slam it into an OVPL project... so one of the greatest advantages of
open source (the ability to swipe code from other projects) is gone...

Just some questions that came up... but all in all, I really like the
license quite a bit!

-Kelly

E-Mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.