Human Models -- Re: Creative Common as open source license?

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 19:44:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 16:45, Manuel Bastioni wrote:
> It's a strange case, because we try to apply GPL to a 3D model.

> After the long discussion in the forum above, we have decided to use,
> for 3d model, this creative common:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

> we think, because the source of 3D model is the 3d file itself, this can
> be considered, in this specific case, an opensource license.
Creative commons license is not open source per-say however it should
not cause any problems. It would be just like the gcc can compile
programs that are licensed under various licenses(or you have copyright
on) and produce output that you can use however.

> The 3D model under the creative common.

> Actually We have the OSI certified on dedalo-3d.com.
> We should remove it :-(
I wouldn't, I would add the creative commons logo as well.

BTW http://faemalia.com/ also has some 3d models of humans under a CC
license. http://www.faemalia.net/Blender/ seems to be where the blender
files are at. Warning it's nude stuff. The Art-work and models seem to
be by Philo Vivero.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/