question about copying small amounts of code from BSD, MIT or Apache 1.1 licensed open source...

Thorsten Glaser tg at 66h.42h.de
Thu Jan 6 15:38:01 UTC 2005

John Cowan dixit:

>You guys are lawyers and I'm not, so I'll say what needs saying.

(note I'm not either ;)

>de minimis, and nobody using the BSD license is likely to be a
>fanatic about it.

For small snippets, maybe.

But there are cases which really set one up, and this case in
particular has made many people re-think the BSD advertising
clause, and they've started adding it again lately (especially
people from the NetBSD(tm) corner):
	http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/g4l.html

Just a nice read not too related to the topic.

bye,
//mirabile