question about copying small amounts of code from BSD, MIT or Apache 1.1 licensed open source...

Roddixon roddixon at cyberspaces.org
Thu Jan 6 01:12:00 UTC 2005

This response assumes facts about the code snippet and the poster's
software we don't know. If those assumptions about the code copied and the
new program created happen to be correct (Big IF), then the derivative
work, if publicly distributed, would be subject to the rather unrestrictive
BSD license.

- Rod
Rod Dixon
www.cyberspaces.org