[OT] Russ Nelson's public relations

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 18:52:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 10:17, David Dillard wrote:
> If others similarly "misunderstood" then it certainly does matter.
> Communicating with clarity is a virtue.
Exactly especially in "public relations" perception really matters. So
it doesn't matter if Russ isn't a bigot or isn't an insensitive
untactful clod. If some of what he writes can easily be "misinterpreted"
as maybe implying either then Mr. Nelson might create a PR problem for
himself. ... And since he is OSI's new president ; Nelson's PR problem
might become OSI's PR problem.

I'm just given you a heads up because it sounds like some people have
submitted it as a news item. I haven't myself sent it in to lwn or
slashdot or groklaw or whatever. So maybe it will get lost in the noise,
but if it's a slow news day.... If it bleeds it leads and this might
smell real juicy to sharks you seek page hits to drive up banner ad
volume. Heck Russ basically hands them on a platter a juicy teaser of a
headline "Opensource President says Blacks are Lazy". He's placed a huge
kick-me sign on his back.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/