OVPL & "Otherwise Make Available" (was RE: Change ot topic,back to OVPL)

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Aug 26 18:08:18 UTC 2005

> Is making the output of a program publicly available
> "external deployment"?

In OSL, no.

> Is making a program available for remote execution "external
> deployment"?

In OSL, yes.

Or at least that's what I intended. Do you also read section 5 that way?
(See www.rosenlaw.com/DRAFT-OSL3.0.pdf.)

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
Rosenlaw & Einschlag, technology law offices (www.rosenlaw.com)
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242  *  fax: 707-485-1243
Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and
   Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)
   [Available also at www.rosenlaw.com/oslbook.htm]