Change ot topic, back to OVPL

Brian Behlendorf brian at collab.net
Wed Aug 24 21:17:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Wilson, Andrew wrote:
> Surely, if there are questions about the enforceability of the
> one and only provision that really differentiates OVPL from CDDL,
> it's fair to suggest those questions should be at least considered when
> OSI makes a decision?

Enforceability can change over time, though.

> Brian, the mandatory license back in OVPL ("all your base are belong
> to us") is section 3.3.  Under 3.3,
> the ID can actually write a letter demanding that you cough up all
> Modifications you've made to the base code.
> You might want to take a look:
> http://openvendor.org/Licenses/Open_Vendor_Public_License

Doesn't seem like I'd use software under this license if there was similar
software available under other licenses; nor would I release anything of
my own under such a license.  But I personally don't think that clause
contradicts the letter nor the spirit of the OSD.

 	Brian