I'd love a change of topic

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Tue Aug 23 03:38:54 UTC 2005

The unfortunate thread of the past few days about who is and who isn't on
the License Proliferation Committee is distracting us from some really
important issues. There are a few new licenses and some license revisions
actually on the table, but I hear too much whining (on both sides) about
process and very little about that substance.

Everyone who sees this email is free to participate on license-discuss. If
there's a substantive topic to discuss, bring it here. Nobody is required to
report to some committee of the OSI board. Meanwhile, I hope that License
Proliferation Committee produces some suggestions soon, so that those
suggestions can be discussed on license-discuss.

Nobody has ever been silenced from license-discuss. Call it a "committee of
the whole" and let's get on with important topics.

Please?

/Larry Rosen