Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller robin at roblimo.com
Mon Aug 22 16:30:39 UTC 2005

>I'm not saying you and Martin ar wrong. But I am saying that the fall out from
>private decision is that the community trusts those decisions less. This
>conversation/thread is clear evidence of that.

Exactly. Here in Florida -- as everyone knows -- all government decision
are made in the most honest way, with the citizenry's best interests
always in mind. Our city/county/state officials are incorruptible to the
point where they are like a shining beacon for the rest of the world,
right down to the many IT contracts they write that specify Windows and
other proprietary software products.

But despite the inherent goodness of Florida's elected and appointed
government people, we still have laws that force them to conduct all
their business in public, with records of all meetings open to All, and
even (under special circumstances) to Sundry*.

Surely the OSI's leaders want to be considered at least as honest and
open as Florida politicians! :)

- Robin

*Sometimes Florida pols need little reminders -- like FOIA-based
lawsuits -- about how our "sunshine laws" work, but I'm sure they always
keep the public interest in mind even when they try to hide some of
their activities in order to.... well, maybe to keep from having to
justify anything to voters, journalists, and others who aren't high up
enough in the meritocracy to deserve a voice in how things are run
hereabouts.