Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller robin at roblimo.com
Mon Aug 22 15:07:55 UTC 2005

> Normally the way to ensure everyone ends up happy is to chose people
> using an
> open and transparent process, after a call for nominations, and open
> discussion. That doesn't mean "vote by mailing list", that means that
> whatever process is followed should be open and transparent.

And then the committee's reccomendations should be subject to review by
the Peanut Gallery (us), and our comments should be taken into account
before a final decision is made.

The Closed Source Initiative, of course, would handle things differently. :)

- Robin

PS - I cannot be on any such boards; journalistic independence and all that.